Sunday, January 29, 2012

Is it illegal for a bloke to take his wife's surname when he gets married?

I know it ain't traditional, and, (according to society), it "ain't the done thing", but is it actually illegal? Only, it's something I've always wanted to do when I eventually get married. I'd really appreciate your angles on this one, please, guys. Much obliged. Peace and love. Be lucky.Is it illegal for a bloke to take his wife's surname when he gets married?
In your case, Mr Rebel, I'd advise it!
No, its not illegal. You can actually change your name whenever you want for whatever reason. So you pretty much could just wake up one day and say "Hey, I think I'll change my name." It is a process, but yes, you can.Is it illegal for a bloke to take his wife's surname when he gets married?
Take any name you like, it is legal providing that you don't use it for illegal purposes. Use mine if you like or the bloke who lives next door, His name is Cobblers.
No, it isn't illegal. You just have to fill out the proper paperwork for a name change if you want it to be official, the same as she would if she took your name.Is it illegal for a bloke to take his wife's surname when he gets married?
Nope - you can call yourself whatever you want, providing you aren't doing it for deception!
no not at all

you can call yourself any name, at any time, so long as its not a trademark or for fraudulent purposes
My mate took his wife's surname when they married. She was a single mum with a child and he did it willingly for the child's sake. 20 years later they are still a family.

Do what ever YOU want x
It is not illegal. You can change your name to hers if that is what you want.
It's not illegal in the states. My fiances son-in-law took his wifes name actually.
In the U.S. you can change your married name to whatever you want - doesn't matter whether you are male or female...not sure if the U.K. is the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment