Thursday, February 23, 2012

Are parents becoming to 'soft' on their kids?

When I did things that warranted discipline, I lived in fear of the spoon or the belt as retribution for my actions. This was almost always enough to keep me in line, walking the straight and narrow. Nowadays kids are only getting 'time out', or a 'stern talking to'. Seems to me like their getting off WAY to easy. What are your thoughts on the coming of age disciplining of a misbehaving child?Are parents becoming to 'soft' on their kids?
I completely agree with you. That whole "kids who've been hit have emotional problems and/or violent tendencies later" is a load of garbage. Yea, if they were beaten to the point of death, then yes its emotionally scarring. But a deserved, well portioned off serving of hitting is fine and beneficial.

Ever notice how this generation is a lot less well behaved than their parents. Lack of any real discipline must have something to do with it.
Mine sure are. I'm 18 and my sisters 15. When I was 15 I wasn't aloud using city transit, no boys in the bedroom, my bedtime was 9:30, I wasn't aloud internet access in my room, and I was "too young" to have a job.

My sister is currently 15, and she doesn't have a bed time, she has internet in her room, she's aloud guys in her room, she uses city transit, her curfew is whenever she wants, and she has a job. She also recently hit me and got away with it because "I'm older and need to be less sensitive".Are parents becoming to 'soft' on their kids?
violence breeds violence, we must get to the root of the problem and make it better.

if a child has a problem its up too the adults too fix it.
I don't know, I only know how my own parents raised me. I got the belt quite often.Are parents becoming to 'soft' on their kids?
Yes! But there are too many laws now that prevent parent's from punishing their kids!!

I knew the consequences if I disobeyed my Mother!! *shudders*
No because of the stories of someone beating their child.
I live in fear of getting scolded and beaten.
I didn't read the whole shebang but I use my dad as a pillow he's so soft
Yeah I think they are

No comments:

Post a Comment