Monday, February 20, 2012

Where do I start looking for an idea of a career I would like?

Im fifteen and I am looking for some type of idea or direction to go in for a future career. I don't want someone to tell me that I am too young I just want an idea. Is there some type of website or book I can take a look at? My school has a guidance counselor that doesn't talk to anyone so I have to figure these things out on my own.Where do I start looking for an idea of a career I would like?
There are career tests that you can take online that can give you a general direction of what you'll like or what you'd be good at. Ultimately, it's a decision you're going to make and no test or book can tell you otherwise. You just need to do some self evaluating. What are you good at? What do you like to do? Is there a particular school you'd like to go to? What shows do you watch or what hobbies do you have? etc.



It's not a decision you usually make overnight, either. Sometimes a slightly different career earns a lot more money. Just start researching it.
You could go on any college website, go to the list of undergraduate majors they have, then start researching the ones that seem interesting to you to see what careers they can led to.



http://admissions.buffalo.edu/academics/areasofstudy.php

most colleges like this one let you click on the majors to give you a quick overview, will help you decide which ones you want to research further. Im sure you know how to look things up using google.Where do I start looking for an idea of a career I would like?
Im 15 also, and your not to young, its a good age to start thinking about what you want to do with your life. you could just google something along the lines like " what career is right for me" and you will get tuns of links to quizzes and stuff. here is a link yo one of them



http://www.whatcareerisrightforme.com/



Hope I helped:))
Hi hunt4111,



There are lots of good websites that helps people like you to develop and hone your knowledge to excel in any career path that you chose. Here are some Career Development sites that may help you:



1. http://supercareero.com/

2. http://www.careerealism.com/

3. http://www.jobacle.com



Hope these helps and goodluck!Where do I start looking for an idea of a career I would like?
do something that is well paying. more importantly something that is in demand such as nursing or food...u wont have to worry about not being employed. also there are career tests u can take online. type them in on Google
Human Resources?

www.freewebstore.org/HRcareer

No comments:

Post a Comment